Translate

Saturday, October 3, 2015

17 Inch Gooliope Jellington and Clawdeen Wolf Dolls by Monster High

I recently acquired both of these dolls from ToysRUs.

I didn't take any photos of Gooliope in her box or with her original dress on. Here's a photo from Mattel.com:

There's entirely too much going on with that dress. It gives me seizures every time I look at it. I don't like any of her accessories, either. Hence, why she isn't wearing them. 


I crocheted this summer dress for her. Hmm, I need to sew her a pair of bloomers. 

My doll's hair was a frightful mess right out of the box. I was able to tame it a little bit. 



She and I had a great time taking photos at the beach. 

Aside, from her crappy hair they were absolutely no flaws on this doll. I can't afford BJDs so I thought these Monster High 17 inch dolls were an affordable alternative. 


I made her a wig. Her hair is underneath there.

I don't have any photos of Clawdeen in her box, either. 


I'm going to paint over her fangs and cut off her ears, eventually. I don't like them. Her skin is a beautiful color. Her eyes are much better than Gooliope's. She just looks more normal to me.

Both dolls have arms that come off and can be popped back in. 


If I knew how to re-paint dolls or paint at all, I'd give her a more upbeat expression. 


I love the color of her hair. Her hair was only a little messy but not as bad as Gooliope's. 



She might need polish to make her claws more colorful. 




Her boots are fantastic. There's a zipper (not real) on the other side. She has kneecaps. Gotta love that. It's so unsightly when a girl does not have proper kneecaps. 

Only thing missing is an ankle joint. But the Monster High and Ever After High boys all have ankle joints so they can wear heels as well as flats. I really don't get that. If you can put them on the boys why can't you put them on the girls?

 
I'd like to make wigs for her. 


I wet her hair with hot water and combed it out. I think it looks better. 


This is all the hair that came out. 


She has very long legs. 



It's so much fun to pose these dolls. 


As you can see they're much bigger than the regular sized dolls. 



I made this white skirt for Gooliope but now Clawdeen has inherited it because I don't like her skirt very much. It's too short so when I pose her it reveals everything. I think this white one looks nice on her. 

I'm not going to get the 17 inch Frankie or Draculaura dolls. I already have enough Frankie dolls and I'm not crazy about Draculaura. As a matter of fact, I traded my only Draculaura and one of my Frankies for a Liv doll and Moxie Teenz doll on Instagram. I wish there was a 17 inch Liv doll. Sigh. 

I've seen the 17 inch Ever After High Madeline Hatter doll but I won't be getting her because she has painted on tights. Really, Mattel? Who wants a doll of that size with painted on tights? I would've preferred no tights at all. I would've made my own. 

But I do love these tall dolls and the price can't be beat. So maybe I will get another one. 

I've seen some amazing customizing of these dolls on Flickr and Instagram. It's wonderful how creative doll collectors are. 

I'd recommend these dolls to anyone. They're well-made play dolls which means they're hard for someone as clumsy as me to break them. I really like them. 

Robotica 

3 comments:

  1. Hello! I wonder if there is any doll that could wear those shoes? I love Gooliope's but I am not interested in doll, so I thought maybe I could het doll, sell doll, keep shoes, no? :)

    Anyways, I've read what you wrote about bjd and wonder... perhaps you would like Night Lolita dolls? They are made from vinyl, but articulation is very good and faces- well, a bit manga-like, but still enough realistic. Also, they are much cheaper :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Her shoes are about 1 1/2 inches or about 4 cm. I don't know what doll could wear them. I don't have any dolls that can wear them. They're too big for my 12 - 14 inch dolls and too small and narrow for my 18 inch dolls.

    Thanks for recommending the Night Lolita dolls. I'll look for them on the Internet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. G. ma słodką sukienkę -
    ale jeszcze lepsze włosy!!!

    ReplyDelete