Translate

Friday, May 9, 2014

Knockoff Dolls Found in NYC

This is going to be a brief post. Today I was on my way to an appointment when I saw these dolls in the window of a variety store.


I think this doll is called Ginny. Obviously, made in China. This doll has a Liv body. Exactly like Liv's except the head. 

I think it's great that someone is making knockoff Liv dolls now that Spin Master no longer makes them. I would've bought this but it was $17.99. Which isn't that expensive but now I have 8 or 9 extra Liv dolls that I got from a thrift store so I really don't need this doll. She's cute though. 

Whoever this company is, please, make knockoff Jake dolls. I'd definitely buy those because I need extra bodies. If you could get right on that, it'd be great. Thanks. 


These are knockoff Moxie Girls. I don't like MGs. I've said before, that they look like cheap Bratz dolls to me but I really like these dolls. I seriously considered buying them. They cost $11.99. Not bad. Their hair and clothes are plastic. I don't think they'd be able to sit down in plastic clothes. 

This company has actually approved Moxie Girls. I didn't think that was possible.  

I think little girls would enjoy playing with these dolls. They definitely captured my imagination. If I had the money I would've bought them. 

Robotica

2 comments:

  1. The first doll isn't bad at all, especially with all that furniture! Even if the head is rooted in a single row (which I assume it is), the body and accessories are worth the price and the face is really cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's quite nice. I would've replaced the head if I bought it. I've been getting a lot of doll furniture from a thrift store and painting them because I'm so tired of Barbie pink and purple.

    ReplyDelete