Translate

Sunday, August 9, 2015

American Girl Outfits and A Trip to the Beach

I walked into my favorite thrift store one day when it was 50% off day. I found AG outfits at excellent prices so I had to buy them. They were brand new, still wrapped in boxes and looked like they'd never been worn. 


Pictured are two of the boxes. 




This is Our Generation Sadie wearing the AG Swan Lake Ballet Costume from 2002. It was retired in 2004 and retailed for $30. I paid about $7.  

As you can see it's gorgeous. Sadie will enjoy dancing to Swan Lake in it. 




The skates even have removable blade covers. 

Now Sadie is an Olympian. Here she is wearing the AG Ice Dance Outfit from 2002. Also retired in 2004 and retailed for $24. I paid $5. The outfit doesn't come with tights. Those are the tights from the Swan Lake outfit. 

Sadie will enjoy skating in this next winter. 


Sadie, Dana and Yuko are wearing AG bathing suits and a wet suit that I got from the thrift store. The bathing suit is much too big on Yuko so I used small binders to pin it in the back. 

Sadie and Dana are wearing the set from AG Kailey's Wet Suit and bikini released in 2003 and retired in 2004. It retailed for $22. I paid $5. 

I found all of this info on the American Girl Wiki. I couldn't find any info on the pink two piece bathing suit Yuko is wearing. That one came with a pair of sandals not seen in the photo. If anyone has any info on this one, please let me know. 


I live in the Ghetto By The Sea. 

I took the girls to the beach around 8am. There must have been 100,000 seniors. Almost all of the women over 70 were wearing bikinis. Small, small bikinis. I do not understand this. SMH. 


Yuko relaxing on the pier. 



Posing on the boardwalk in front of the rides. 



We had so much fun at the beach. I was so glad that I found these outfits. Especially the bathing suits because I would've had to make them. I'm a beginner when it comes to sewing. Sometimes I enjoy it, sometimes I don't. 

I hope your enjoying the summer as much as my dolls are. 

Robotica 





3 comments:

  1. Love the beach photos! Yuko laying on the boardwalk could be used for an advertisement.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ślicznotka w stylu orient - cudna♥

    ReplyDelete