Translate

Sunday, August 16, 2015

Ever After High's Enchanted Picnic Cerise Hood Doll

I've wanted a Cerise Hood doll since the first one was released. I didn't get one before now because there are so many dolls I want to get. Unfortunately, I can't afford to get them all. 

There are only three dolls in the Enchanted Picnic line. Which is a pity because they're only $12.99 at Target. The other two are Blondie Locks and Raven Queen. I don't like either of those dolls. I really wish there was a $12.99 Cedar Wood (stupid name, BTW) and Ginger Breadhouse (really stupid. It's like they're not even trying).

These dolls are very basic. They don't come with stands, hairbrushes, bracelets or rings. Her ears aren't pierced, either. It would've been nice if they at least came with picnic baskets. 


Here is Cerise straight out of the box. She's so basic. Sigh. Her hair is a straggly mess but that's easy to fix. A far cry from the the one released at ComicCon or Legacy Day. 


Her hood is attached to her dress. I do not like this. Someday I'll figure out how to remove the hood without destroying her pretty dress. 



Here's a better look at her basic, bland bag and shoes. 


Oh, if only I weren't such a Basic Becky. Sigh. What's a girl like me to do? 

Her forearms are a slightly different shade than the rest of her body. I guess this Ever After High's budget line of dolls. 

I decided that Cerise was in dire need of a makeover. Stat! Yes, there is hope. 


Now she's as cute as her picture on the back of the box. 

I cut off the scraggly hairs, spiced up her outfit, added blush, repainted her lips, gave her fake eyelashes and contoured her face so it wouldn't look so round and her forehead wouldn't look so big (I don't think it worked).

The fingerless gloves are from a Bratzillaz. The belt from a J-Doll. I made the red leggings. The leg warmers borrowed from a Moxie Teenz doll. 


Madeline Hatter, Cerise Hood, Dexter Charming and Hunter Huntsman are my favorite EAH dolls. 


I pierced her ears. She already had a hole at the top of her ear, for some reason so I just added the jump ring. The earrings are sewing pins. 


Those shoes needed serious help. They were downright ugly. Repainted they look so much better. 


Had to do something with that mousy looking bag so it matched the outfit. 


Now Cerise is ready for a photo shoot. 


Supermodel. You better werk!


Sell the garment!

I wanted to make her look as though she were in a wooded area surrounded by some nature which is impossible to find in the city. So this will have to do. 


She's walking in the pretend woods. 


Here she is in my bag with Alberic. They make a cute couple. 


Who knew wolves like to hang out in trees. 


Ashlynn is trying to make a phone call. Where's a working cellphone when you need one? 

Maddie is wearing a hooded cape I made. She's also holding a basket. Someone is suffering from identity confusion. 

I think Madeline's face could use some help. I don't like the shape of her eyebrows at all. She looks kind of blah. 


They're still working on that phone call. 

Robotica



7 comments:

  1. Much better now! My favourite Cerise is the tea party version, she has some coloured hair streaks and adorable accessories. She was about 80$ here last time I checked...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My fave is the ComicCon release. Way out of my price range. The tea party Cerise is nice. She's about $20 here in th US.

      Delete






































  2. Tiny details and such a difference!!!Good job!!It's my firts visit here.


    ReplyDelete
  3. Cerise looks awesome with her makeover!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. zaskakująca metamorfoza!
    bardzo lubię tę lalkę -
    i chyba wyjątkowo u Niej
    rzęsy by mi nie przeszkadzały :)

    podoba mi się czerwona peleryna!

    ReplyDelete