Translate

Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Disney Oz China Girl Doll

I'm really late to this party. This doll was released a long time ago. I finally got around to getting it. I wasn't interested in any of the other dolls from this movie, Disney's Oz The Great and Powerful. I didn't like the movie. Maybe my expectations were too high.

I wanted this doll because she's very unique and unusual and I like articulated dolls. I've never read the Wizard of Oz book so I wasn't aware that there was a town in the land of oz where everything is made out of china, the buildings and the people. I may read the story to find out more. I would've liked to have seen more of this character and her town in the movie. That would have been fascinating. 


Here she is in her box. It's a lousy photo. Sorry. 


She is so pretty. She's entirely made out of plastic. She's 14 inches. Her head can tilt from side to side and up and down. She has cracks all over her to resemble china. The cracks aren't as deep as on the rest of her body and for that I'm grateful. She would have ended up looking like the Bride of Chucky. 

The Disney store released a limited edition version that was made out of china. It cost about $250. And, of course, it's going for a lot more than that on eBay. 

My plastic version has painted on shoes. She's articulated. She has a little girl's body and blue painted on panties. She does stand on her own but not very well. This doll is very light. She doesn't weigh very much at all. 

Her dress is made out of stiff, plastic like material that feels like its waterproof. If I had decent sewing skills I'd make her a much nicer dress. She would look so cute with a better dress. 


Her she is from behind. You can see the dress is cheap. 


Her head is hollow. Her hair is molded plastic. 


She can't touch her face but she can touch her hair. 


Here she is striking a pose. 


She sits very well but sometimes she tilts back. I don't know why. It's not like her head is heavy. 


This is China Girl with Moxie Teenz Arizona. I think they're discussing hair or something. 


She is so sweet and pretty. I like her because she is so different than other dolls. I'm glad I finally got her. 



I recently found the two mini dolls at the thrift store. I think they were originally 9.99 apiece at www.disneystore.com. They are so cute. I'm happy I found them. I wanted one so bad. Now I have two for about $1 each. Yipppeeee!


Robotica






No comments:

Post a Comment