Translate

Sunday, October 27, 2013

Thrift Store Dollhouse

I found this dollhouse at Goodwill recently for $4.99. It's definitely a fixer upper and I've never restored a dollhouse or anything else before.


The measurements of the outside of the dollhouse:

23 1/2 in. wide
24 1/2 in. high
11 in. deep

The dimensions of the rooms:

9 in. high
15 1/2 in. wide big rooms 
8 in wide small rooms


This is the roof. The shingles are paper and they're glued and stapled on. 


 I was pleasantly surprised to find this dollhouse and a Barbie camper that was priced at $45.99. I think that is an outrageous price for a used toy. I was at Goodwill not Macy's. I didn't buy the camper.

Between Google, YouTube and the library, I should be able to restore this thing. It will take me a long time because I'll have to learn as I go along. 

I'm not sure what the scale is. Maybe 1/12. I'm sure it's going to look great, though. I need a good home for my Littlest Petshop Blythe dolls. 

This will be a work in progress. I'll blog every step. 

Robotica



No comments:

Post a Comment